Keeping Up With Social Media Part 2: Sharing Made Easy
The Social Warfare Plugin makes it easy for visitors to share your posts and page. It also helps with your social media management—brilliant and simple.
Sharing Buttons That Won’t Slow Down Your Website
Social Warfare adds social media sharing buttons that won’t slow down your site. I did page speed tests before and after adding Social Warfare. It has a minimal effect on how fast the page loads.
Page Speed matters. I tried other social media sharing plugins only to find they slow down my site. Social Warfare doesn’t.
It was very easy to install and set up. Social Warfare works beautifully with basic functionality in the free version, but the premium version is well worth the upgrade.
Pay for Social Warfare Pro—So Much More!
It is very reasonably priced for a plugin with so many extra features.
With the Social Warfare Custom Options, I can add a Social Media Title, Social Media Description, Pinterest Description, and Custom Tweet along with a social media image and a Pinterest image. Additionally, I can add a Twitter image when I use the Click to Tweet button found in the toolbar in the WP Visual Editor tab.
The other day I took another look at social media management programs such as HootSuite or Buffer. As I read reviews and remembered my user experience with them, I had an “aha” moment!
The best time to plan out social media posts for a new article is when you are writing it. The “aha” part: publish the page and set it up to share on the various media. With Social Warfare, not only can you go share, but your readers can share easily, too. Granted there is not the control over scheduling, but it is fast, easy, and a more natural way to share your content. It is easier to create graphics and to write quotes, descriptions, and titles when you are writing the content.
Things to Do With Social Warfare
Try the Free Version!
It is a great way to learn more about the Social Warfare plugin. You can always upgrade to Pro—which you’ll probably do if you are a professional blogger or have an e-commerce website.
- Limited button selection—the basic social media accounts include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Stumble Upon.
- Options are limited:
- You can choose whether counts are on or off, but you can’t set a minimum.
- You can position buttons globally, but not for individual posts or pages.
- You don’t have metaboxes on the post/page editor screen.
- Style settings only include the Total Counts and Floating Share Buttons section
- The Advanced Tab has the frame buster toggle, caching method (advanced vs. legacy), the new toggle for Full Content vs. Excerpts, and an option to Force New Shares.
Try the free version! It is easy to set up. Upgrade if you love it and want more features!
Social Warfare Pro
- Social Media Graphics headlines. etc.
- Add extra share buttons that are only available in pro such as Reddit, Tumblr, Email, Buffer, Pocket, and a few more.
- Share Count Buttons don’t show until your minimum share number is met.
- Includes Twitter Cards, a hovering Pin Button for Pinterest, Yummly Display Control.
- Lots of style choices for buttons, counts, etc.
- More Advanced choices such as Frame Buster, Bitly Link shortening, Analytics Tracking, and more.