Start With These Easy Social Media Tips and Tricks for Beginners.
I am no social media expert, but using social media is necessary for any small business. I’ll share my best social media tips and tricks along with my favorite resources for you to learn more. Read it, do your homework, and you’ll be on your way to a great start with social media.
Sign Up For Your Free Accounts
Sign up with your brand name for free accounts with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, GooglePlus, and any other social media that you might use someday.
I learned about this tactic a few years before I ever thought about using social media in my business. Fortunately, I listened and signed up for the accounts. Eventually, I’ve used most of them, but the main thing is that no one else is using my brand’s name.
It is efficient to do all the signing up before your business gets going.
- Keep all of your account information (logins, usernames, the email you used, and passwords) in one location (My WordPress Website Planner).
- You’ll need it when you set up your social media widgets and sharing plugins on your new website.
Take Time To Set Up Each Page With Your Branding
At your convenience, set up each social media page with your branded look. Use your logo, avatar, colors, tagline, and fonts for the headers.
Canva.com is a user-friendly place to create customized graphics quickly. You’ll find templates for different types of social media images. You can also choose a custom size to create a graphic from scratch.
Hint: One reason I use the paid version of Canva is that it stores colors, fonts, and logos for my brands. It’s a great timesaver and keeps my branding uniform.
Resources for Learning About Social Media
- The Beginner’s Guide to Social Media from Moz.com Moz is one of my go-to resources for anything internet.
- Social Media Examiner’s Getting Started Information Here’s another social media expert and beginner’s guide.
- #BeWorthFollowing Creating and Building an Unforgettable Personal Brand Online
Jennifer Bennett is the social media expert at iBloom.co. This article is just one of her excellent posts about using social media—wisely.
Contact us if you want us to install a social sharing widget or set up your social media icons.